This easy Beef Stroganoff recipe can be made in about 30 minutes or less, it’s full of savory steak and mushrooms, and it’s absolutely delicious. Feel free to serve over noodles, rice, polenta…you name it.
With winter well and truly here, you’ll be needing something to warm you up on those chilly nights. Or the next time you’re craving some cozy, creamy, comfort food. Whip out this recipe and get to work on making a super tasty beef stroganoff!
If you’d like to mix things up, I’m a big fan of adding in:
- extra veggies: any stir-fry-friendly veggies will do here! Broccoli, carrots, whatever
- extra heat: if you’d like a tiny kick, try adding in some crushed red pepper flakes to your sauce
- different protein: if steak isn’t your thing, this recipe is also delicious with chicken, pork, veal or tofu
What You’ll Need
2 large beef rump steaks (800 g)
600 g brown or white mushrooms
¼ cup (organic) butter(55 g) you can also use ghee or just sub in olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium white or brown onion, chopped
5 cups bone broth or chicken stock
2 tsp paprika
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 ½ cup sour cream or thickened cream (345ml)
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
¼ cup freshly chopped parsley (optional garnish)
salt & pepper to taste
Putting it all together…
- Firstly, slice or dice beef into thin bite size strips. We do this for an even cooking time. Plus it means no knife needed when it comes to eating time.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat. Add half the butter and quickly sear the beef strips (about 2 minutes) and then set aside in a bowl. Be sure not to overcrowd the pan – if you need to do this in 2 batches then do so.
- Grease the pan with the remaining butter. Place the chopped onion and minced garlic in the pan and cook until lightly browned and fragrant, for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and cook for 3-4 more minutes while stirring occasionally. This is where your mushrooms will lose a lot of their moisture content.
- Add Dijon mustard, paprika, Worcestershire sauce and pour in the bone broth/stock. Add lemon juice and bring to a boil. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the browned beef slices and sour cream. Take off the heat.
- Serve over pasta/zoodles or with rice/cauliflower rice. Anything that is good for absorbing sauce.
Hope you all enjoy this one as much as we do! For any more food inspo be sure check out our other recipes on the website.
Don’t forget to sign up to your Free 7 Day Trial and kickstart your body revival today!