Sign up for your FREE 7 DAY TRIAL
Satay 2 Ways – Chicken or Veggie
If you’re from Wollongong then surely you have had sampled Mylan’s Satay once or twice. If not, you’re about to produce a dish of its calibre in your own kitchen. Thats right guys, get working on that MasterChef application after this one!
This is another relatively straight forward recipe and if you’re handy with a knife you’ll make light work of slicing up the veggies and chicken. You should be able to get this Satay from start to finish in 30 mins or less. And yes, its definitely a good idea to cook extra for leftovers! You may even regret it if you don’t!
This Satay Recipe will produce 4 serves, but there hasn’t been a time where seconds have been refused so feel free to double the recipe.
What You’ll Need
2 tbsp oil
3 tbsp oyster sauce
400ml Can coconut milk/cream
1 onion sliced
¼ head of Broccoli (use more if vegetarian)
1 capsicum sliced
1-2 carrots (depending on size) sliced
(4 Chicken thighs or 400g chicken breast sliced into bite size pieces)
3 Tbsp peanut butter (add more for taste if required)
2 Tbsp Jimmys sate sauce (find this at your local asian supermarket)
1.5 cups of rice or 200g noodles
Want to keep it lower carb? Swap out the rice or noodles and sub in 1-2 zucchini per portion (spiralized) OR cauliflower rice (half a head in the food processor)
For the Chicken:
- Marinate chicken in oyster sauce for 20 minutes – overnight. If in a hurry, just add the sauce when cooking the chicken.
- Heat oil wok/high walled pan over med-high heat and add chicken, cooking for about 5 mins or until cooked through (test a piece by cutting/breaking in half)
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside
For the Veggies:
- Slice and dice your veggies.
- Add all the vegetables and cook for 5 minutes or until desired softness is reached. Coating the vegetables in the oyster sauce.
- Make a well in the centre of the pan and add Jimmy’s and the peanut butter. Allow to heat through for 1 minute before stirring through the vegetables.
- (Add the chicken back into the pan) Pour in your coconut cream/milk and stir to combine.
- Simmer for 5 minutes to heat through and to thicken up the sauce.
- Serve over rice, or noodles. For keto/low carb, cauliflower rice or zoodles.
Hope you enjoy this one guys and be sure to check out our other recipes for more meal ideas. Feel free to share them with your friends as well. Happy cooking!